Dental Inlays & Overlays in Clearwater
According to the CDC, more than 1 in 4 adults have untreated tooth decay in the United States. Thankfully, Beyond Dentistry Clearwater provides many restorative dentistry treatments designed to rectify this prevalent dental health issue while improving the look and function of your smile. Is your cavity too big for a dental filling but too small for a full dental crown? If so, then our dental inlays and onlays can serve as the perfect middle-ground solution.
What are dental inlays and onlays?
- A dental inlay fills in nooks in a tooth amongst the cusps.
- A dental onlay fills outside the cusps and is for a larger region.
When Are Porcelain Inlays And Onlays Suggested?
Generally, dental inlays and onlays are used to restore damaged or decayed teeth and can improve:
- Mid-sized cavities
- Exposed, hypersensitive cusps
- Moderately fractured dental surfaces
Our Dental Inlay and Onlay Process: What to Expect
Typically, our Clearwater dentists can install dental inlay or onlay in two brief dental visits:
- Comprehensive Exam and Personalized Treatment Plan: Dr. Alqasemi or Dr. Adham will examine your teeth and decide if inlays and onlays can work for you. If not, they can recommend a different cosmetic dental treatment that suits your needs better. Also, you can inquire about dental inlays and onlays’ cost, the procedure process, and more before committing to treatment.
- Preliminary Procedures and Digital Impressions: If a dental inlay or onlay is the next best step, Dr. Alqasemi or Dr. Adham will prepare the tooth by removing any unwanted dental tissue. Then, they will take digital impressions of the prepared and surrounding teeth. After, our Clearwater dentist will place a temporary restoration to protect your teeth until the final restoration is back from the lab.
- Inlay and Onlay Lab Creation: When our lab technicians receive your impressions, they will create a personalized inlay or onlay.
Final Fitting: When your dental restoration arrives at our near Palm Harbor, FL, dental office, one of our team members will call you back in for a short visit so that one of our talented dentists can cement the final inlay or onlay.
Have questions about dental inlays and onlays in Clearwater, FL?
Ask about inlays and onlays in Palm Harbor, FL, Clearwater, or surrounding communities by calling us at (727) 304-3156 to speak with our team.
To start things off, we’ll perform a complete cleaning of your teeth and gums, using special tools to remove any plaque and tartar that may have built up along the gumline. Essential aspects of your cleaning will include thorough flossing between your teeth in all those hard-to-reach places, and scraping off plaque that has accumulated along the gum line. To finish the cleaning process, we’ll polish your teeth, leaving you feeling refreshed, revitalized, and ready to smile.
Any Necessary X-Rays
If you’re new to the office or haven’t had dental x-rays in a while, your Clearwater dentist may recommend that you take some during your preventive care appointment. Dental x-rays let us see what’s going on beneath the surface of your smile, giving us the ability to find issues that may not be visible otherwise. With x-rays, we’re able to make more accurate diagnoses and create more effective and efficient treatment plans.
Your dentist will review your x-rays and then take a thorough look at your teeth, gums, and the rest of your mouth. If we spot any issues, we’ll take the time to educate you on our findings, so you can keep your dental health on the right track. We make it our goal to keep you educated about your oral well-being, so you can make the right decisions for your smile.
Personalized Treatment Plan
Using the information we’ve gathered with your exam and x-rays, we’ll work together with you to craft a treatment plan customized for your unique oral health needs, budget, and lifestyle. If everything looks good, we’ll simply schedule your next routine cleaning and checkup.