Mini Dental Implants in Clearwater
In many scenarios in life, less is more, and sentiment can certainly be true in dentistry. Our Beyond Dentistry Clearwater team uses modern, less surgically invasive approaches, like mini implants, to replace missing teeth.
Mini dental implants are about half the size of their full-sized counterparts. While they can be utilized to restore anywhere from one to several teeth, mini implants are most often used as anchors for a set of implant-supported dentures.
What are mini dental implants?
Mini dental implants are medical devices used to replace missing teeth or stabilize dentures. But two features make mini dental implants incredibly advantageous: size and convenience.
First of all, mini dental implants are, as the name suggests: miniature. Their small size allows patients to receive dental implants without needing bone grafting or other preliminary oral surgeries.
Moreover, they can be used to stabilize dentures right away since they are a one-piece unit as opposed to the three-part system needed for most dental implants. Therefore, mini implants can be placed in a single session.
When are mini dental implants recommended?
Due to their smaller size, the placement process for mini implants is a less invasive procedure than is required for traditional dental implants. Additionally, their small size also means that mini implants can often still be placed in patients who have experienced bone loss in their jaw due to tooth loss or gum disease.
However, it’s important to note that mini dental implants are not ideal for patients who struggle with:
- Bruxism: Habitual teeth grinding can make your mini implants break down prematurely.
- Short Jawbones: All dental implants require substantial jawbones for support. So, mini dental implants cannot be used in areas that lack vertical bone due to too much bone loss.
Our Mini Implants Process: What to Expect
Compared to conventional dental implants, the mini dental implant procedure is much less involved and can usually be completed in only one dental appointment:
- Initial Consultation: Dr. Alqasemi or Dr. Adham will establish candidacy for mini dental implants by looking closely at your jawbone and oral health. If you qualify for mini dental implants, our Clearwater dental implant dentists will create a treatment plan to help you accomplish this goal.
- Oral Surgery: Mini implants do not require multiple surgeries like traditional dental implants. Therefore, the prosthetic tooth can be loaded within hours after the procedure.
- Healing and Osseointegration: The healing process is typically much faster, and recovery time is diminished from months to days.
- Maintenance and Aftercare: Mini dental implant aftercare is much like natural teeth. We recommend regularly brushing, flossing, and undergoing dental hygiene visits to ensure that they are still intact.
Have questions about mini dental implants in Clearwater, FL?
Check out these frequently asked questions regarding mini dental implants near me (or in Palm Harbor, FL, Clearwater, or surrounding areas), or call us at (727) 304-3156 to speak with our team.
All dental implant cases are unique, so it’s wise to schedule a consultation at Beyond Dentistry Clearwater for more information. Typically, mini implants cost significantly less than traditional dental implants because they are a less complicated procedure.
To start things off, we’ll perform a complete cleaning of your teeth and gums, using special tools to remove any plaque and tartar that may have built up along the gumline. Essential aspects of your cleaning will include thorough flossing between your teeth in all those hard-to-reach places, and scraping off plaque that has accumulated along the gum line. To finish the cleaning process, we’ll polish your teeth, leaving you feeling refreshed, revitalized, and ready to smile.
Any Necessary X-Rays
If you’re new to the office or haven’t had dental x-rays in a while, your Clearwater dentist may recommend that you take some during your preventive care appointment. Dental x-rays let us see what’s going on beneath the surface of your smile, giving us the ability to find issues that may not be visible otherwise. With x-rays, we’re able to make more accurate diagnoses and create more effective and efficient treatment plans.
Your dentist will review your x-rays and then take a thorough look at your teeth, gums, and the rest of your mouth. If we spot any issues, we’ll take the time to educate you on our findings, so you can keep your dental health on the right track. We make it our goal to keep you educated about your oral well-being, so you can make the right decisions for your smile.
Personalized Treatment Plan
Using the information we’ve gathered with your exam and x-rays, we’ll work together with you to craft a treatment plan customized for your unique oral health needs, budget, and lifestyle. If everything looks good, we’ll simply schedule your next routine cleaning and checkup.