Single Tooth Implants
If you’re missing a single tooth, dental implants are the most natural way to replace it. Our Beyond Dentistry Clearwater team provides single-tooth dental implants, and they can give you back your smile.
What is a single tooth implant?
Single tooth implants consist of two primary parts and are the most common type of dental implant. The implant is a titanium “post” shaped like a screw. The dental implant is embedded into the jawbone and acts like a natural tooth root.
Another critical component of a single-tooth dental implant is the dental crown. This visible structure mimics the appearance of a natural tooth, and our lab technicians can construct them from various materials. This tooth-shaped “cap” attaches to the implant post to complete the restoration.
When are single tooth implants recommended?
Generally, our Clearwater dentists recommend single tooth implants to patients who have a missing tooth but are otherwise healthy and can withstand multiple procedures and extended recovery periods.
The goal of a single-tooth dental implant is to mirror the look and function of a natural tooth to blend in seamlessly with the rest of your smile. Made from durable materials, dental crowns can last for decades, while dental implants themselves can last a lifetime (with proper maintenance).
Our Single Tooth Implant Process: What to Expect
Commonly, here’s what you can anticipate from single tooth implants procedures:
- The Initial Consultation: When you book an appointment at our Clearwater, FL dental office, Dr. Alqasemi or Dr. Adham will closely examine your missing tooth and jawbone density to decide whether you’re a strong candidate for dental implants or another restorative dentistry solution. Also, your dental implant dentist will help create a treatment plan, which could consist of preliminary procedures (such as additional oral surgery).
- Oral Surgery Treatment: Single tooth implants are embedded directly into the jaw, where the titanium bonds permanently with the bone.
- Healing and Osseointegration: While the surgical site heals, a dental crown is crafted and is eventually affixed to the implant post via an “abutment” or connecting piece.
- Creating the Restoration: While your custom-fit dental crown is made in our reliable dental lab, our dentists will continue to monitor your healing and fusing of the dental implant and bone.
- Applying the Restoration: Once your dental implant has successfully bonded with your jawbone, Dr. Alqasemi or Dr. Adham will place the final dental crown on the implant and secure it with dental cement.
- Maintenance and Aftercare: Mostly, single tooth implants do not require special care outside of basic oral hygiene regimens and can be maintained through standard brushing, flossing, and frequent cleaning and hygiene appointments.
Have questions about single tooth implants in Clearwater, FL?
Check out these frequently asked questions regarding a single tooth implant near me (or in Largo, FL, Clearwater, or surrounding areas), or call us at (727) 304-3156 to speak with our team.
No two dental implant procedures are identical, so we recommend visiting our Clearwater dental office for an estimate for your specific case. Since dental implants are intended to last a lifetime, they are priced accordingly—and a single tooth implant typically runs between $3,000 and $4,500.
In some cases, several types of dental implants can be completed in just one appointment. However, the restoration will be a temporary prosthetic to keep your bite functional and to protect the implant site until you’ve finished healing from the placement surgery. The temporary restoration ensures that you can eat and speak normally during the healing process.
Healing usually lasts between 3-6 months, and during this time, your dentist will schedule a series of follow-up visits. They will monitor your healing progress and take impressions of your teeth and gums, which will be sent to our dental lab. The lab will use these images to custom-craft your permanent restoration, a more durable, natural-looking prosthetic than your temporary one.
Ready To Take the First Step?
WE'RE SO HAPPY YOU'RE HERE
Let's Keep in Touch