Dental implants can enhance your overall appearance and oral health with the power to restore the look and function of your smile and bite. Dental implants from our Clearwater dental office are made with durable materials that can last a lifetime with the proper care and are custom crafted to seamlessly blend in with the rest of your smile and appear natural.
When are dental implants a good choice?
- Patients who smoke and aren’t willing to give up smoking
- Patients with severe gum disease
- Patients whose general health does not allow them to undergo anesthesia or a series of surgeries
- Patients with diabetes
- Patients taking certain medications (like blood thinners or steroids)
- Patients who have undergone or are currently undergoing radiation therapy
Our Dental Implants Process: What to Expect
Dental implants require multiple appointments and surgeries, here’s generally what you expect during a typical dental implant process:
- Initial Consultation: First, you’ll visit our office to meet with your Clearwater dentist for a consultation. After a comprehensive exam of your mouth, along with x-rays, your doctor can assess your oral health needs and jawbone density to determine if you’re a good candidate for implants. Your dentist will discuss their findings with you, and together, you’ll decide if dental implants are the best choice to restore your grin or if your smile needs another restorative option.
- Oral Surgery: When your treatment is approved, you and your dentist will schedule an oral surgery appointment and provide you with a detailed treatment plan. To begin the procedure, your dentist will create a small incision in the gum line and place a dental implant into your jawbone. The implant is a screw-shaped titanium post that bonds directly with your natural bone. Your dentist will then clean, disinfect, and close the incision so the healing process can begin.
- Healing and Osseointegration: After the implants have been placed, your gums will begin the healing process immediately. It takes most patients less than two weeks to heal completely from the initial surgery. However, it takes 3-6 months for the implant to permanently bond with the jawbone, in a process known as “osseointegration.”
- Creating the Dental Restoration: You’ll visit our Clearwater office several times throughout the healing process to ensure the implant is bonding successfully with your jaw. During the examination, your dentist will take impressions of your bite, which will be sent to our trusted dental lab, where they will craft the custom dental prosthetic that will be affixed to your dental implant.
- Applying the Final Restoration: Once we have received your completed dental prosthetic and your implant has finished bonding with your jaw, you’ll return for your final visit. During this visit, your dentist will finish the procedure by attaching the restoration to your dental implant and permanently securing it with dental cement or another adhesive.
- Maintenance and Aftercare: One of the main advantages of dental implants is that they don’t require any special care outside of good oral hygiene practices. Be sure to brush at least twice a day, floss daily, and schedule visits to your dentist every six months for routine cleanings and exams. Your dental implant can last a lifetime with proper oral health habits.
Types of Dental Implants our Team Offers
At your initial consultation, our Clearwater dental implant team will discuss your tooth replacement options, such as:
Have questions about dental implants in Clearwater, FL?
Call Beyond Dentistry at (727) 304-3156 to speak with our team or schedule an initial dental implant consultation.
To start things off, we’ll perform a complete cleaning of your teeth and gums, using special tools to remove any plaque and tartar that may have built up along the gumline. Essential aspects of your cleaning will include thorough flossing between your teeth in all those hard-to-reach places, and scraping off plaque that has accumulated along the gum line. To finish the cleaning process, we’ll polish your teeth, leaving you feeling refreshed, revitalized, and ready to smile.
Any Necessary X-Rays
If you’re new to the office or haven’t had dental x-rays in a while, your Clearwater dentist may recommend that you take some during your preventive care appointment. Dental x-rays let us see what’s going on beneath the surface of your smile, giving us the ability to find issues that may not be visible otherwise. With x-rays, we’re able to make more accurate diagnoses and create more effective and efficient treatment plans.
Your dentist will review your x-rays and then take a thorough look at your teeth, gums, and the rest of your mouth. If we spot any issues, we’ll take the time to educate you on our findings, so you can keep your dental health on the right track. We make it our goal to keep you educated about your oral well-being, so you can make the right decisions for your smile.
Personalized Treatment Plan
Using the information we’ve gathered with your exam and x-rays, we’ll work together with you to craft a treatment plan customized for your unique oral health needs, budget, and lifestyle. If everything looks good, we’ll simply schedule your next routine cleaning and checkup.
Schedule Follow Up Appointment
Our Clearwater team is here for you! No matter what kind of treatment you schedule, our team is standing by to answer any questions you may have about insurance, financing, or anything else. We’ll do everything possible to make sure your every visit is straightforward and stress-free.
Ready To Take the First Step?
WE'RE SO HAPPY YOU'RE HERE
Let's Keep in Touch