Full-Arch Dental Implants in Clearwater
Full-arch dental implants offer a durable alternative to traditional dentures that won’t slide around in the mouth for patients who are missing all or most of their teeth. Full-arch implants are permanently bonded with your jaw, which allows for prosthetics that will never shift or move when you eat or speak. Our Beyond Dentistry Clearwater family provides full-arch dental implants for those that want a more durable, aesthetically pleasing solution to missing teeth.
What Are Full Arch Dental Implants?
Your dental prosthetic will be attached to a series of 4-6 dental implants placed in each arch so that you can enjoy the look, feel, and function of a brand-new smile that will last for years.
When are full arch implants recommended?
Full arch implants are ideal for patients missing an entire upper or lower arch of teeth. Most dentists prefer them over traditional tooth replacement methods because full-arch implants look and feel much more natural than their traditional counterparts.
Our Full Arch Implants Process: What to Expect
Although every patient is unique, your journey to full arch dental implants should look something like this:
- The Initial Consultation: When you book an appointment at our Clearwater, FL dental office, Dr. Alqasemi or Dr. Adham will investigate smile and jawbone density to decide whether full arch implants or an alternative restorative dentistry solution would work for you. Here, your Clearwater dentist will help set up a comprehensive treatment plan, which could entail preliminary procedures (like bone grafts or other oral surgery).
- Oral Surgery Treatment: When your jaw is healthy and dense enough to support dental implants, your dental implant dentist will directly place 4-6 dental implants into the jaw.
- Healing and Osseointegration: Over time, the bone and implants fuse and become one in a process known as osseointegration. While your full arch dental implants heal, a tooth replacement appliance will be created in our go-to dental lab.
- Creating the Restoration: While your tailored appliance is made, our dentists will periodically check in to monitor the osseointegration of the dental implant and bone.
- Applying the Restoration: Once your dental implants have effectively fused with your natural jawbone, Dr. Alqasemi or Dr. Adham will place the final restoration on the implant and fasten it with dental cement
- Maintenance and Aftercare: Largely, full arch dental implants do not require special care outside standard oral hygiene routines. If cared for correctly, full arch dental implants can be maintained through standard brushing, flossing, and routine cleaning and hygiene appointments.
Have Questions about full arch implants in Clearwater, FL?
Check out these frequently asked questions regarding full arch dental implants near me (or in Indian Shores, FL, Clearwater, or surrounding areas), or call us at (727) 304-3156 to speak with our team.
The restoration might eventually need to be replaced due to daily wear and tear. Thankfully, this is a relatively simple process. On the other hand, dental implants become a part of your natural jawbone and are intended to last for decades.
The cost of full arch dental implants is mainly dependent on patient needs and materials used, so we strongly suggest scheduling a consultation at Beyond Dentistry Clearwater for an overall estimate for full arch dental implants.
To start things off, we’ll perform a complete cleaning of your teeth and gums, using special tools to remove any plaque and tartar that may have built up along the gumline. Essential aspects of your cleaning will include thorough flossing between your teeth in all those hard-to-reach places, and scraping off plaque that has accumulated along the gum line. To finish the cleaning process, we’ll polish your teeth, leaving you feeling refreshed, revitalized, and ready to smile.
Any Necessary X-Rays
If you’re new to the office or haven’t had dental x-rays in a while, your Clearwater dentist may recommend that you take some during your preventive care appointment. Dental x-rays let us see what’s going on beneath the surface of your smile, giving us the ability to find issues that may not be visible otherwise. With x-rays, we’re able to make more accurate diagnoses and create more effective and efficient treatment plans.
Your dentist will review your x-rays and then take a thorough look at your teeth, gums, and the rest of your mouth. If we spot any issues, we’ll take the time to educate you on our findings, so you can keep your dental health on the right track. We make it our goal to keep you educated about your oral well-being, so you can make the right decisions for your smile.
Personalized Treatment Plan
Using the information we’ve gathered with your exam and x-rays, we’ll work together with you to craft a treatment plan customized for your unique oral health needs, budget, and lifestyle. If everything looks good, we’ll simply schedule your next routine cleaning and checkup.