Tooth loss can be a fact of life. For patients looking for a more stable and comfortable way to wear dentures, the Beyond Dentistry Clearwater team offers implant-retained dentures to establish substantial appliance stability and bone retention.
What are implant-retained dentures?
Implant-retained dentures are one of the most secure solutions available for those looking for a way to replace a full set of missing teeth permanently. A complete set of dentures is affixed to 4 or more dental implants placed in the jaw by one of our Clearwater dental implant dentists.
When are implant-retained dentures recommended?
Implant-retained dentures are ideal for patients who have one or two rows of missing teeth and are healthy enough to withstand multiple surgeries.
It’s important to note that implant-retained dentures are not removable at home, so patients can brush and clean their smiles like their natural teeth. But if lack of daily removability is a deal breaker for you, traditional dentures might be a better tooth replacement option.
Our Implant-Retained Dentures Process: What to Expect
- Initial Consultation: Dr. Alqasemi or Dr. Adham will establish candidacy for implant-retained dentures on overall and oral health. If you qualify for our affordable dental implants, our dentists will generate a treatment plan to help you accomplish your specific smile goals.
- Oral Surgery: Once implant-retained dentures have been approved, our team member will schedule an oral surgery appointment and provide a detailed treatment plan. Typically, the procedure involves creating small incisions in the gumline and placing dental implants in the jawbone.
- Healing and Osseointegration: Typically, patients heal within two weeks. But it can take 3 to 6 months for the dental implant to fuse with the jawbone in a process known as “osseointegration.” Also, our team places a temporary denture.
- Creating the Restoration: While you’re undergoing recovery and osseointegration, we request that you visit our Clearwater dental office here and there so that our dental team can check on the status of your smile. During one of these visits, one of our dentists will take a digital impression of your mouth. Then, your detailed dental impressions will be sent to a dental lab so that a custom-made dental prosthetic can be created.
- Applying the Restoration: When your jawbone has fully integrated with the dental implant, our team will snap in the tailored implant-retained denture and ensure that it fits comfortably.
- Maintenance and Aftercare: Taking care of implant-retained like natural teeth. We recommend regular brushing, flossing, and dental hygiene visits to ensure that the jaw and teeth are healthy.
Have questions about implant-retained dentures in Clearwater, FL?
Check out these frequently asked questions regarding implant-retained dentures near me (or in Indian Rocks Beach, FL, Clearwater, or surrounding areas), or call us at (727) 304-3156 to speak with our team.
Yes, and they’re the only dental restoration that does so. Bone loss, also known as bone resorption, occurs after losing a tooth, when your jaw stops being stimulated by the natural forces that come from chewing and biting, causing your jawbone to weaken.
When a dental implant bonds directly with the jawbone, it acts as an artificial root. It effectively transmits the pressure of chewing and biting into your jawbone, providing stimulation to keep your bone from losing density.
The complete implant-retained dentures price reflects how many dental implants are needed, if preliminary surgeries are needed, and more. Still, expect to pay a couple of thousand dollars for implant-retained dentures. For a more direct estimate and to find out if your insurance policy will cover some costs associated with dental implants, please schedule a dental implant consultation at our Clearwater dental practice.
To start things off, we’ll perform a complete cleaning of your teeth and gums, using special tools to remove any plaque and tartar that may have built up along the gumline. Essential aspects of your cleaning will include thorough flossing between your teeth in all those hard-to-reach places, and scraping off plaque that has accumulated along the gum line. To finish the cleaning process, we’ll polish your teeth, leaving you feeling refreshed, revitalized, and ready to smile.
Any Necessary X-Rays
If you’re new to the office or haven’t had dental x-rays in a while, your Clearwater dentist may recommend that you take some during your preventive care appointment. Dental x-rays let us see what’s going on beneath the surface of your smile, giving us the ability to find issues that may not be visible otherwise. With x-rays, we’re able to make more accurate diagnoses and create more effective and efficient treatment plans.
Your dentist will review your x-rays and then take a thorough look at your teeth, gums, and the rest of your mouth. If we spot any issues, we’ll take the time to educate you on our findings, so you can keep your dental health on the right track. We make it our goal to keep you educated about your oral well-being, so you can make the right decisions for your smile.
Personalized Treatment Plan
Using the information we’ve gathered with your exam and x-rays, we’ll work together with you to craft a treatment plan customized for your unique oral health needs, budget, and lifestyle. If everything looks good, we’ll simply schedule your next routine cleaning and checkup.