Lab Made Crowns
If you have an extensively damaged or decayed tooth, our Beyond Dentistry Clearwater team often recommends dental crowns. Also known as a “tooth cap,” dental crowns are a restorative dentistry method that can positively impact your chewing and biting abilities.
What is a dental crown?
Tooth caps restore damaged teeth by covering them down to the gum line. They restore the shape, size, and function of natural teeth while strengthening them too.
When are dental crowns suggested?
Dental crowns are ideal for:
- Patients with severely worn down, cracked, or weakened teeth
- Patients with a cavity that is too large for a dental filling
- Patients who are undergoing endodontic procedures (like root canal therapy)
Our Oral Cancer Screening Process: What to Expect
Most of the time, a tooth crown procedure is straightforward and starts with discussing your goals with one of our dedicated dentists:
- Comprehensive Exam and Personalized Treatment Plan: To begin with the dental crown process, Dr. Alqasemi or Dr. Adham will inspect your smile to ensure a dental crown in the best next step for you.
- Preliminary Procedures and Digital Impressions: Your dentist will trim and shape your damaged tooth to make it an ideal base for attaching your new crown. Then, we’ll take impressions, using either putty or digital scans, of your bite before sending it to the lab where your restoration will be crafted to your unique specifications. While you’re waiting for your permanent crown, which will take a few weeks, we’ll provide you with a temporary crown to wear in the meantime.
- Dental Bridge Lab Creation: Lab-made crowns use the highest-quality materials and are created by a dental technician at a state-of-the-art dental lab.
- Final Fitting: Once it has been completed, the lab will send us your finished crown, and you’ll return to our office for the final placement. Before securing the crown, we’ll make sure it fits perfectly and make any necessary adjustments so your new smile looks great, feels comfortable, and functions seamlessly.
Have questions about dental crowns in Clearwater, FL?
Check out these frequently asked questions about dental crowns in Indian Rocks Beach, FL, Clearwater, or surrounding cities, or call us at (727) 304-3156 to speak with our team.
Dental crown cost can vary depending on the type of material you pick. For instance, porcelain crowns are more expensive than gold crowns and porcelain-fused-to-metal crowns. Generally, dental crown prices rage from $800 to $1,500 or more per crown.
Still, our Beyond Dentistry team can help you discover which dental crowns are covered by your dental insurance and which types of crowns are best for your budget, goals, and lifestyle.
Although you might feel temporary pain or sensitivity immediately after dental crown placement, this discomfort shouldn’t last longer than two weeks. So, talk to our Clearwater dentists if you’re experiencing dental crown pain that doesn’t go away after two weeks or if it’s intense.
To start things off, we’ll perform a complete cleaning of your teeth and gums, using special tools to remove any plaque and tartar that may have built up along the gumline. Essential aspects of your cleaning will include thorough flossing between your teeth in all those hard-to-reach places, and scraping off plaque that has accumulated along the gum line. To finish the cleaning process, we’ll polish your teeth, leaving you feeling refreshed, revitalized, and ready to smile.
Any Necessary X-Rays
If you’re new to the office or haven’t had dental x-rays in a while, your Clearwater dentist may recommend that you take some during your preventive care appointment. Dental x-rays let us see what’s going on beneath the surface of your smile, giving us the ability to find issues that may not be visible otherwise. With x-rays, we’re able to make more accurate diagnoses and create more effective and efficient treatment plans.
Your dentist will review your x-rays and then take a thorough look at your teeth, gums, and the rest of your mouth. If we spot any issues, we’ll take the time to educate you on our findings, so you can keep your dental health on the right track. We make it our goal to keep you educated about your oral well-being, so you can make the right decisions for your smile.
Personalized Treatment Plan
Using the information we’ve gathered with your exam and x-rays, we’ll work together with you to craft a treatment plan customized for your unique oral health needs, budget, and lifestyle. If everything looks good, we’ll simply schedule your next routine cleaning and checkup.
Schedule Follow Up Appointment
Our Clearwater team is here for you! No matter what kind of treatment you schedule, our team is standing by to answer any questions you may have about insurance, financing, or anything else. We’ll do everything possible to make sure your every visit is straightforward and stress-free.
Ready To Take the First Step?
WE'RE SO HAPPY YOU'RE HERE
Let's Keep in Touch