Dental Veneers in Clearwater
Whether you’re unsatisfied with discolored, slightly gapped, or slightly deformed teeth, our Beyond Dentistry Clearwater team can apply veneers to enhance the way your smile looks. Veneers are a versatile cosmetic dentistry treatment used to cover up an extensive range of flaws. Our lab-crafted porcelain veneers are designed to fit perfectly to improve the size, shape, and color of aesthetically problematic teeth.
What are dental veneers?
Veneers are wafer-thin, tooth-colored shells made from durable porcelain that are affixed to the front side of your teeth. This cosmetic treatment can eliminate small gaps between teeth, as well as cover up the appearance of severe staining, misshapen or uneven teeth, and much more.
When are veneers a good choice?
Veneers can completely transform your smile and will last for years before needing to be replaced if they are cared for properly. Ideal candidates for veneers include patients free of oral health issues like tooth decay or periodontal disease.
- Still, dental veneers might not be suitable for everyone, including:
- Patients who cannot commit the permanent nature of veneers
- Patients who are suffering from seriously damaged teeth (like a deep crack or chip)
- Patients who suffer from teeth grinding that refuse to wear a nightguard
- Patients who smoke and use tobacco
Our Porcelain Veneers Process: What to Expect
Commonly, Dr. Alqasemi and Dr. Adham place veneers in two sessions:
- Initial Consultation and Comprehensive Exam:
- Dental Cleaning: We suggest dental cleanings for best results before cosmetic dentistry treatments. If you’d like an even more dramatic dental makeover, we suggest teeth whitening before applying dental veneers.
- Preparation and Temporary Veneer Placement: The veneer placement procedure starts with removing a tiny amount of enamel to make room for the new veneers. This helps the veneers fit perfectly in the mouth and look natural. After the enamel is removed, our team will take digital scans of the mouth and place temporary veneers until your customed made veneers are created in our dental lab.
- Final Restoration Placement: When your custom-made veneers return from the lab, our team will call you back in for a second appointment. Here, Dr. Alqasemi or Dr. Adham will check for perfect fit and finish. If all goes as anticipated, they will permanently cement the veneers to the surface of the teeth.
Have questions about porcelain veneers in Clearwater, FL?
Check out these frequently asked questions dental veneers in Indian Rocks Beach, FL, Clearwater, or surrounding areas, or call us at (727) 304-3156 to speak with our team.
While proper oral hygiene and care can extend the lifespan of dental veneers, many researchers report positive clinical outcomes for veneers—including a survival rate of over 90% in 20 years.
It’s important to understand that this is an irreversible procedure. So, this factor is an important consideration to make before committing to treatment.
While the confidence boost from dental veneers is priceless to some, porcelain veneers cost $1,500 on average. Still, you can get a direct cost quote from our Beyond Dentistry Clearwater team at your initial consultation.
To start things off, we’ll perform a complete cleaning of your teeth and gums, using special tools to remove any plaque and tartar that may have built up along the gumline. Essential aspects of your cleaning will include thorough flossing between your teeth in all those hard-to-reach places, and scraping off plaque that has accumulated along the gum line. To finish the cleaning process, we’ll polish your teeth, leaving you feeling refreshed, revitalized, and ready to smile.
Any Necessary X-Rays
If you’re new to the office or haven’t had dental x-rays in a while, your Clearwater dentist may recommend that you take some during your preventive care appointment. Dental x-rays let us see what’s going on beneath the surface of your smile, giving us the ability to find issues that may not be visible otherwise. With x-rays, we’re able to make more accurate diagnoses and create more effective and efficient treatment plans.
Your dentist will review your x-rays and then take a thorough look at your teeth, gums, and the rest of your mouth. If we spot any issues, we’ll take the time to educate you on our findings, so you can keep your dental health on the right track. We make it our goal to keep you educated about your oral well-being, so you can make the right decisions for your smile.
Personalized Treatment Plan
Using the information we’ve gathered with your exam and x-rays, we’ll work together with you to craft a treatment plan customized for your unique oral health needs, budget, and lifestyle. If everything looks good, we’ll simply schedule your next routine cleaning and checkup.